Contaminated Waste Hauling Edmonton
Whiterock ventures are a waste disposal business started with an excellent entrepreneurial opportunity with tenacity and creativity of a successful entrepreneur. Here is how our venture in Edmonton started.
- Getting to know about the disposal chain: The hazardous waste removal and disposal industry is rapidly gaining prominence in Canada and throughout the world. There are millions tons of waste that are generated by only the households. There are also massive amounts of hazardous waste that are generated by the industrial, commercial and medical sectors and this is why contaminated waste hauling is needed. Depending on the waste, we recycle it, dispose it off or deliver it to an approved facility service for the same.
- Basing foundation: Hazardous waste is defined as materials that are potentially flammable, reactive, corrosive or toxic. Our startup required the purchase or leasing of vacuum trucks, vacuum trailers, super vacuum trucks, pump tankers, bulk tankers, vans, roll-offs, semi-trailer trucks and other assets. To protect our workers and our business, it was critical to make sure we have the right equipment for the task at hand. We never attempt to save a few bucks by using non-specialized equipment for specialized transportation or removal tasks.
- Investigation of competitors: Before we decided to open a hazardous waste disposal business in this town, it was worthwhile to find out how strong the competition is. We generated a list of competitors in the area. It’s important to be aware of what the competition is doing. We took the time to visit the competition to properly assess their strengths and weaknesses.
- Create business plans: Our hazardous waste disposal company’s business plan is a document that shaped our goals and strategies on a go-forward basis. Lacking a solid business plan, many startups find themselves rudderless and incapable of executing consistent decision making processes, while we being committed business planners rely on our plans to guide all of our decision making and short-term planning efforts and long term success.
- Catching up with the advices: the next step was to take advices from folks who are already into the business. We would have been overoptimistic to think that our local competitors will talk to us but owners of a hazardous waste disposal business on the other side of the country were much happier to talk with us, after they realized that we reside far away from them and won’t be stealing their local customers.